Our eight functional groupings are comprised of information technology and business professionals who work closely with our central administrative and academic offices and campus counterparts to investigate, develop, implement and support enterprise solutions to University administrative, academic and business needs.
- The Point Solutions unit administers, maintains, develops, monitors, and oversees enterprise applications on behalf of University users.
- Partnering with business owners, data custodians, and users, the Decision Support Technology unit’s role is to provide services in Business Intelligence.
- The functional focus of this unit is to enable the integration of systems and applications across the enterprise through a collection of technologies and services. This unit also performs authentication, authorization, and security functions for enterprise-wide applications.
- The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) for Student Information Systems (SIS) unit is focused on replacing legacy student systems with enterprise solutions. The team is actively engaged in a multi-year project to implement the Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions suite of products, and additional products to support the student areas.
- The Shared Application Services (SAS) unit provides support for the design, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of applications and databases hosted by the University.
- The Enterprise Application Services (EAS) unit manages a range of enterprise-level software that is either locally developed or vendor supplied.
- IT Training Services (ITTS) provides personal and departmental productivity and systems training for all University employees based on Apple, Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, and many other software applications and systems.