The Point Solutions unit administers, maintains, develops, monitors, and oversees enterprise applications on behalf of University users. The major applications supported provide the application infrastructure for enterprise web, electronic communication, document management, and electronic content management. Several technology products are leveraged to enable user productivity.
Point Solutions is responsible to position each application to optimize its functionality, durability, economy, availability, and efficiency. As cloud-based alternatives become more viable and available, applications will be relocated from on-premise servers to the cloud, while still maintaining responsibilities for administration, monitoring, and support. Cloud projects now underway include Microsoft Exchange and ServiceNow.
This unit is responsible for the following applications:
This unit is also responsible for the following special function applications:
- Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Lync
- Expression Engine (enterprise web)
- IBM Content Manager (document management)
- Hyland OnBase (enterprise document management)
Together, these applications provide a rich portfolio of solutions for University users. Point Solutions is available to consult with departments on best ways to develop solutions for departmental needs.
- Qualtrics (survey administration)
- USurvey (survey administration)
- Compco (telecommunications management)
- Listserv (email distribution list management)
- Service Now (service management including help desk management)
- IBM Connect Enterprise (secure data transmission)
- RDS (report distribution)